Mark your calendars. The December meeting of Bus Riders of Saskatoon will be on Sunday, December 11, 2016.
If you are interested in working to improve public transit in Saskatoon please join us and add your voice to our efforts.
Hello Bus Riders! Here is the proposed agenda for this Sunday’s meeting. If you have any suggestions for other items to include, head over to our Facebook page. Thank you!
Bus Riders of Saskatoon – December 11, 2016
- Meeting open
• Mission, vision, and group norms
- Committee updates
• Potential update of website, organisational charts, committees, meeting minutes, etc.
• November 18 meeting with Transit
• Representatives for next meeting
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation response to Stan Shadick proposal on increasing ridership
- Communications with Traffic Safety Committee
- Implications of the finalised 2017 budget to transit (Council debated Nov 30-Dec 2)
• Federal infrastructure planning
• Growth plan to half a million
• Brand development strategy
• Winter city strategy
• All transportation items
• Attainable housing (general social impacts)
- Ongoing impacts of City of Saskatoon and ATU transit dispute
- Town Hall public Q&A
• Representatives from City Admin and Council, ATU, Transit Admin, Bus Riders of Saskatoon
- Shaping Saskatoon
• Bridging to Tomorrow update
• River Access study – online survey and open house
• Imagine Idylwyld
• City Centre Plan
• Civic Advisory Board
- Determine date and facilitators for next meeting
- Motions and actions from discussions